Tenant Fees & Information
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
Please note that as well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts payable to Complete Property Group Limited (‘the Agent’)
A Holding Deposit equal to 1 week’s rent
A Security Deposit of 5 week’s rent – Deposit held within the deposit Protection Service (DPS)
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
A payment of £50.00 if you want to change the tenancy agreement
Payment of up to £30.00 for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
For any late rental payments where the rent has been outstanding for 14 days or more, A default fee will apply of 3% per annum above the Bank of England base rate for each day that the payment has been outstanding.
All fees shown are inclusive of VAT.
Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
At Complete Property Group tenants can be safe in the knowledge that they are with a professional company who take pride in providing a high level of service and standard of accommodation. We simplify the lettings process from initial viewing, referencing checks and approval, through to the property handover. During your tenancy, should you encounter any repair or maintenance issues, our local team of tradesman are available to resolve the problem expediently and efficiently with minimum disruption.
- Following viewing and in order to proceed with a tenancy application, a reservation deposit of 1 weeks´ rent is required to reserve the property and begin the referencing process. This is offset against your final balance (as shown in the “beginning of tenancy statement”).
- Following receipt of the reservation deposit, we will remove the property from the market, and it will be categorised as “Let Agreed” on all portals at the earliest opportunity.
- Email links will be sent to all applicants being referenced and named on the tenancy agreement to the Let Alliance portal to submit applications. This information will form the basis of the referencing checks and procedures.
- Once referencing is complete and approved, we will inform, the applicant and prepare the Tenancy agreement and “Beginning of tenancy statement” which will be emailed to the tenants for approval.
- Once we have received the signed counterpart agreement, we will make the necessary arrangements to handover the property and check-in.
Please note the balance as stated in the “Beginning of tenancy statement” is payable in full prior to the property handover.
All clients´ monies are held in a segregated client account.
We participate in a client money protection scheme being the Deposit Protection Service (DPS).
We are registered with The Property Ombudsman Approved Redress Scheme